I’ve been working on a new project with Esteban this month. More details in the near future.
Foamcity, in partnership with La Ramona Proyectos, hosted a animated .gif art show recently. The .gifs were displayed here in Lafayette as well as in Colombia as a simultaneous event. I was invited to contribute a couple .gifs and Esteban also asked me to provide sound for the event videos and to perform at the event. I ended up just creating soundscapes throughout the night to add to the ambiance.
I’m going to start featuring band’s shirts in my web store. The first run is this TV Ghost shirt with the artwork from The Mold 7″. Quantities very limited. Order here.
So this is just a quick recap of the Art Sale we did a couple weekends ago. The night turned out to be a real blast for all that were involved. Esteban and I sold some of our work and everyone that attended got to party in our studio well into the night.
We hope to do events like this more often and we are already working on some new pieces that you can pick up. Most of the items from the sale are up in my webstore if you would like a second chance to purchase them. Don’t sleep.
So I recently ripped open a dirty old keyboard and used jumpers to mangle the sounds it made. Then I loaded these samples onto my Korg ES-1. After that I publicly bent these sounds all over the place at FoamCity this Friday, the 26th of July 2013!
KBD(uo) will also be performing.
We are working on some new processes over here. I am not going to spill the beans but I am pretty sure some of the new designs I have in my head will soon be in your closet. Thanks to Sam for amazing dye work on these samples. You knew exactly what I was thinking! Check back often to keep yourself in the know.
I am working on some really crazy designs right now. I have had them in my head for a couple weeks but just finally got around to running tests. They are kind of blowing my mind (and killing my computer). Above is the first digital test. Look for a series of these prints in the very near future.
UPDATE: Here is the first test print for this project. The colors look much different in ink. I had to thin out the cyan and the magenta could use a little thinning as well but all in all I am pretty happy with these inks and I’m going to start ordering all the large scale equipment I need to print the final piece. Click the picture to purchase.